Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Fantasy Novels

Since it's probably going to be another 5 years before George R. R. Martin publishes another "Game of Thrones" novel, I thought I would check out another fantasy series via some research on Reddit. A good amount of people on the boards were really enthusiastic about "The Wheel of Time" series. While not nearly as good as "A Song of Ice and Fire" series I've liked it well enough to move on to the second book, "The Great Hunt."

Is there anyone else out there that thinks fantasy and science fiction novels could maybe sell better if it wasn't for the cheesy cover art? Call me a snot, but I would have totally walked by "The Wheel of Time" series without even a browse simply because of the cover artwork. Example:

1 comment:

Dann said...

I kinda like the cheesy art!