Saturday, July 07, 2012

Jack Reacher



"When a gunman takes five lives with six shots, all evidence points to the suspect in custody. On interrogation, the suspect offers up a single note: 'Get Jack Reacher!' So begins an extraordinary chase for the truth, pitting Jack Reacher against an unexpected enemy, with a skill for violence and a secret to keep."

The novel that this movie is based on, "One Shot" by Lee Child, is a fantastic story; however, I think Tom Cruise has been insanely miscast as Reacher. In the books Reacher is a mountain, towering somewhere around 6'4" and weighing in at over 250 pounds. His size is partially what makes him such a bad mofo. How tall is Cruise? 5'2"?

In general I like Tom Cruise movies. He's adept at playing the every man. Jack Reach isn't just any run of the mill anti-hero though. I'm sure I'll still catch the movie this winter, even if my interest has waned a bit with the casting.

No comments: