Friday, April 08, 2011

April in Oklahoma...

... means 90 degree weather. What the hell? I'm all for warmer weather but not this warm this early in the season!


At this rate it's gonna be too warm for tornados!

On tap for my favorite month of the year:

All month: warmer weather means the return of the best season for Sunday Funday, patio brunches and patio bar crawling!

9th - 10th: 29th Annual Redbud Classic. This involves running, walking or biking. I'm out!

16th: NBA playoffs begin. Thunder up!!

19th: this date marks the 16th anniversary of the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. Though this date marks a time of remembrance for Oklahomans and indeed the rest of the nation, any day of any month is a good time to visit this fantastic and sad memorial.

21st: Matt's birthday. One of my besties though he even isn't sure how old he'll be (it's a long story).

26th - May 1st: Oklahoma City Festival of the Arts. One of the best outdoor events to be held yearly in Oklahoma City. Great food, drinks, and art! It also coincides with my birthday every year.

26th: Davemas!! Number 38.

29th - May 1st: Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon. Once again, too much exercise for me. I'm sticking with the 12 ounce curls.

I love this month and this time of year! What's everyone else doing for the glorious month of April?

No comments: