Friday, November 05, 2010

Random Music Challenge

Well it's laundry night here in the Bitter household. My MO for doing laundry is pretty much the same: a free night to listening to random music on the computer while drinking beer, tonight is no exception. I set one of my playlists on random and took down some lyrics from each of the first 20 songs. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to see how many of these songs and artists you know (without looking them up online). I'll post the answers by the end of weekend.

These songs are pretty random and should be a good example of how eclectic my music tastes are... Enjoy!

(1) You know you can't fool me, I've been lovin' you too long.

(2) I am a rock, I am an island.

(3) If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me?

(4) We can't go on together with suspicious minds and we can't build our dreams on suspicious minds.

(5) With you in that dress my thoughts I confess verge on dirty.

(6) I was a damn builder across the river deep and wide, where steel and water did collide.

(7) I know you'll think I'm like the others before who saw your name and number on the wall.

(8) Counting flowers on the wall that don't bother me at all, playing Solitaire 'til dawn with a deck of 51, smokin' cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo.

(9) Keep your head still, I'll be your thrill, the night will go on, my little windmill.

(10) Slip inside the eye of your mind, don't you know you might find a better place to play.

(11) I can't understand what makes a man hate another man, help me understand.

(12) Well I tried to make it Sunday, but I got so damn depressed that I set my sights on Monday and I got myself undressed.

(13) She just can't be chained to a life where nothing's gained and nothing's lost at such a cost.

(14) It's bitter without you, I can't live without you, and I'm in love you.

(15) Chippin' around kick my brains around the floor, these are the days it never rains but it pours.

(16) There where the air is free, we'll be what we want to be.

(17) You're the priestess, I must confess those little red panties they pass the test.

(18) I'm through with doubt, there's nothing left for me to figure out, I've paid a price and I'll keep paying.

(19) It was perfect you know with just one little problem, the fact that it turns out that you don't really want it. (This is a tough one)

(20) Please don't leave me, I always say how I don't need you but it's always gonna come right back to me.

3 comments:

Mr Happy said...

There are two songs that absolutely make me think of you. One of the first club dance CD's my friend Andy brought me from Houston had a remix of the 98 Degrees song, "You're My Sunshine After the Rain". That song made me think of you so much. The first really beautiful (not just cute) gay thing I ever saw up close. Something so beautiful that it made me rethink my whole worldview about being gay, and come out to something and for something that I genuinely believed in and was so very proud to be associated with.

Remember the chorus?
"You're my sunshine after the rain
You're the cure against my fear and my pain
'Cause I'm losing my mind when you're not around
It's all (It's all)
It's all because of you"

I grabbed on to that song and listened to it a lot back then. But I keep telling myself, "That was then, and this is now."

Now the song that personifies you is "Dust in the Wind", hiding behind a smoke screen of bullshit and running from me like a cockroach scrambles for the baseboards. Like you never were real. Like you were always a fraud.

The contrast between the then and the now is so sad...so tragic...so surreal. I never imagined I'd be embarrassed about having let you into my life.

Dave said...

Oh Happy, you're words are a hot dagger into my soul (if I had one)...

Mr Happy said...

Yeah. Lots of melodramatic bullshit in there, huh? Music tends to bring that out in me.