Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Early Christmas!


I finally replaced my original Wii that has been on life support for the past year or so. All I could determine from researching online is that there must have been some kind of problem with the lens and how it was reading the DVD's. I was able to play some of my games but the system was unable to recognize larger games that were written in dual layers. Long story short (too late), I was able to pop in some games last night that I had bought over the past year that I was never able to play.

The Wii I chose was a really cool collectors edition for the Mario franchise's 25th anniversary. As you can see from the picture above the system is red, comes with the a controller and nunchuck which has the Wii MotionPlus functionality already built in, and it comes with two games, Wii Sports of course and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. All this cost $199.99 which isn't a bad deal compared to the original Wii I purchased that only had one game and just the control wand.

While I'm excited to have the new system, this really is the end of an era for me and Nintendo. This is the first system I've ever had to replace due to a problem dating all the way back to the Nintendo Entertainment System, including all the various versions of the GameBoy and DS systems. Not a bad record over the course of 20+ years.

2 comments:

Dann said...

Congrats on the new wii! I guess no one will see you for a week or so, right? :)

Dave said...

No one sees me during the week anyways. Timmy makes out the best on this deal, two new games that I have duplicates of: New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Metroid Prime 3.