Friday, October 22, 2010

What the Hell?

Obviously I've had a lot of time on my hands today. I ran across a link to this video from an Oklahoma Democrat site:



What the hell is the world coming to? The kooks are really crawling out of the woodwork this election cycle. My friend was telling me a story about a teenage girl she knows who couldn't get parental consent for an abortion so she tried to self abort! Good lord, is this what we need to go back to, back alleys and wire hangers? Abortion has been legal in this country since 1973, get over it people. Abortion freedoms are slowly being scaled back year after year and I don't think my or the next generation can fully understand what that means and how terrible it was before the Roe v. Wade decision.

What really chaps my ass is that the two Democratic candidates for Governor and Lt. Governor in this state are anti-choice. The older I get the more I loathe going to the polls on election day. It would be really nice to have some kind of clear choice in November here in Oklahoma. I can tolerate losing, that's democracy. What I can't tolerate is losing when the candidates are, for the most part, carbon copies of each other! I wonder if conservatives feel this way, only in reverse, in states like Illinois, Massachusetts, or New York?

Perhaps as a man, I should just shut my mouth on this issue.

2 comments:

Jason said...

WTF?!!? The proponent of that ad doesn't think it's "Extreme?" How have Americans become so dumb?

BTW, I'll drop by a Corn yard sign.

Dave said...

I'll vote for Corn, no question, you've actually persuaded me that he may be a decent guy in spite of his abortion views.