Thursday, October 21, 2010

Meh

I guess I've had a case of bloggers block lately. There really isn't anything that I care to comment on even though the news has been ripe with all kinds of crazy stories lately:

The on again off again "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy in the military is becoming ridiculous. I mean really, one day through a court order the military is accepting gay applicants and the next day, through another court injunction, the military isn't accepting gay volunteers. A truly bizarre joke.

Christine O'Donnell, a self described Constitutional scholar, doesn't know what's said in the First Amendment! "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." Watching portions of her debate the other night was extremely cringe inducing and I actually kind of felt sorry for the ridicule she took during and after the debate. To paraphrase Bill Maher, "she is one of us, we shouldn't be Senators."

Hillary Clinton makes an "It Gets Better" speech on behalf of the gay youth in this country! Unthinkable that someone fourth in line to be President would make such a speech. I'm proud that I voted for her in the Democratic primary; however, I'm not so sure that I'm proud of who I voted for in the general election.

Did everyone wear purple yesterday? I did not since the only thing I have purple is a silk sweater. I'm not opposed to the sweater I'm just opposed to wearing it to work while our air conditioning is out (again). Apparently we're going to try to hold on until fall weather arrives. When I left work yesterday it was nearly 90 degrees in the office and I had a massive amount of crack sweat going. It's sad when you feel the need to wear a "wife beater" and a thong to work to feel comfortable...

I guess there were a few things for me to comment on after all. It's been a very shitty week, most likely due to my arrival back in Goober County and heading back to work in the Chinese sweat shop. Well at least it's almost Friday! How is everyone else doing?

No comments: