Friday, August 13, 2010

Daily Dose of Stupid (4)

It's been a while since I've found a fun letter to the editor to quote from The Oklahoman. It's hard for me to use the name "The Oklahoman," I will always think of our paper as The Daily Oklahoman, aka The Wipe, aka The Daily Disappointment, aka The Daily Fishwrap. Idiot of the day:

I'm a legal American citizen who must show an ID when I'm pulled over by the police, buy something on my department store credit card, show up for my doctor's appointment or apply for a loan. I must show an ID when I buy insurance or a car tag, apply for college admission, cash a check, buy certain prescription drugs or get a boarding pass for an airline.

U.S. citizens are required to prove who we are nearly every day. Why should illegal immigrants be exempt? Why shouldn't we guard our borders as closely as other countries do? Why is our military fighting to protect other people around the world, when our own citizens are left vulnerable?

Name omitted to protect the stupid


I hate Oklahomans. I'm not sure exactly what the writer is getting at. I don't see how you can equate showing your ID to board a plane or cash a check is the same as presenting your ID randomly on the street when asked to do so by the Geheime Staatspolizei (the Gestapo or Arizona police). What's more, I can't believe so-called conservatives are behind this kind of invasion of privacy. Most likely because they, of the fairer skin, will not be harassed by this law.

The other point the asshat makes is about our military protecting the border. So I'm confused. Do the states want to have their own immigration laws or not? If they're so high on state's rights, why don't they take care of themselves? And to answer the writers final question, we are fighting two wars around the world because (1) we were attacked by groups of people organizing in Afghanistan, and (2) the American people were lied to to start a war in Iraq to find the phantom weapons of mass destruction.

The writer of the letter to the editor isn't a very good conservative Oklahoman! He wants the federal government to interfere with what states are doing and he's against the war on terror. Shocking!

No comments: