Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Resolutions Revisited

At the beginning of the year I set some goals for myself, I hated to use the term "resolutions" but I did. I'm really not that kind of person. Let's see how it's going since it's just been over six months:

Read more: I've got this one covered. I'm up to 27 books so far this year. Though I've fallen a little behind, I should be able to reach 50 books read easily this year.

Blog better: I'm not so sure about this goal. I've definitely written a shit ton more posts than any other year. It's a start.

Work on the house: Definite "F." What can I say? I don't know where to begin with the eighteen layers of wallpaper throughout the house!

Cook more: Why did I start writing this post? I have the tools. I believe I have the talent. Motivation is the problem. It's hard to get fired up to cook for only oneself.

Lose weight: Getting there. I'm not as heavy as the winter. More beer, less food should do the trick.

Not go to jail: I think I've mastered this goal. I've been very careful about not driving intoxicated.

Grow up: ...

Cell phone: I've yet to break or lose a cell phone this year! I'm sure it's only because I have insurance now!

Drunk texting: Ummm, hit and miss. Perhaps I still send out too many texts while drinking but I think on the whole the frequency has been less and the texts nicer.

To see the original New Years Resolutions posts, go here and here.

How is everyone else doing on their goals for the year?

1 comment:

Dann said...

I didn't really make any... so I guess I could say I'm good :)