Thursday, June 10, 2010

Top Chef Returns Next Week!

Top Chef starts it's new season next Wednesday so that means I'll be blogging about the show again this season every Thursday morning. I look forward to reading all the other blogs that I read last year on the subject, hopefully everyone will still be interested in sharing their thoughts about Bravo's best show/series. To get acquainted with the contestants for this season, check out the bio pages on Bravo's website.

Speaking of Bravo, I tuned in last night for the finale of Top Chef: Masters, definitely not as entertaining as the original Top Chef series. After the season conclusion, Bravo showed the first episode of their new series Work of Art: The Next Great Artist. Normally this isn't the kind of show I would watch, mainly because I'm a complete moron when it comes to art. I know nothing about the subject matter and I don't have one artistic bone in my body. As it turns out the show totally sucked me in from the start. From Bravo's website:

"In each episode, contestants are faced with the challenge of creating unique pieces in a variety of mediums such as painting, sculpture, photography, collage and industrial design. The weekly assignments are exciting, original and will challenge the artists' to push the limits of their technical skills and creative boundaries. Completed works of art will be appraised by our panel of top art world figures alongside a new celebrated guest judge every week. Through a gallery showing at the end of each challenge, these industry select dictate which artists have successfully mastered the subject matter and creation of their piece, as well as whose concept leaves the greatest impact."

Basically the first episode centered around getting to know the contestants who all brought a self portrait of themselves to the gallery. Each member was then paired off and was challenged to create a portrait of the person with whom they were paired. It was an interesting first challenge and so far I really like the show. It remains to be seen if I can stick with it for an entire season. Did anyone else out there in reader land see the new show? Anyone like it so far?

1 comment:

Dann said...

Top chef!! Nom! Nom! Nom!!