The video above shows more elements of the gameplay in Nintendo Wii's The Legend of Zelda: The Skyward Sword.
- 1:1 swordplay motion tracking with the Wii Motion+ add on to the Wii remote as well as the ability to use items like the sling shot and bow without pointing at the screen; basically it's all controlled through the wand now.
- Control of the shield via the nunchuck attachment.
- The ability to determine what to do with bombs via different control motions, throwing, rolling, etc.
- The beetle item, allowing the player to send a remote drone out to help collect hard to reach objects and presumably for solving puzzles.
- The addition of a whip to the items list, very cool.
- I'm still a little less than thrilled about the overall look of the game, at least in the forest areas that were presented. It seems a little too colorful ala a Mario game. Perhaps the graphics are cel shaded?
- A most likely release date of 2011! Really Nintendo?