Friday, May 28, 2010

My Letter to Congresswoman Fallin

"Congresswoman Fallin,

I am deeply disappointed but not surprised that you cast a no vote to repeal the 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' law. I can only hope that one day in the future when we have completely removed all forms of discrimination from our culture that you'll come to regret your decision and see how wrong it was! A majority of our military leaders believe that the time has come for this dreadful policy to be removed, but I guess you know better them.

Respectfully,"


(Name withheld)

Like I said, no surprise. I was scratching my head wondering why Dan Boren, our lone Democrat in the Oklahoma delegation, didn't vote at all on the matter. Maybe this was his only way to do the right thing without upsetting the conservative voters of his district. If so he's a coward.

What do you think? Will these conservatives regret their bigoted votes in later years as we slowly erase discrimination from American culture? Also, do emails to our elected leaders make a difference?

To contact Congresswoman Fallen click here.

Link to story on the House vote.

2 comments:

Dann said...

All in all, I am usually proud of being an Oklahoman, however my representation makes me ashamed of my state.

Dave said...

I'm lucky enough to have great representation from my state Represtentative and Senator but that's about it!