Friday, March 26, 2010

Chinese Cigarettes at Bossa Nova

The other night I was hanging with some friends at Bossa Nova, it's a bar atop Cafe do Brazil. I was about to leave and make a cigarette run for everyone when a gentleman overheard me and offered me an unopened pack of cigarettes.


Somehow he had obtained the cigarettes from China. Odd and random huh? The cigarettes were fine, it worked out very well, no one had to leave the beautiful rooftop view and no one turned into a communist after smoking the pack. For the rest of the night all I could think about was a variation of a Margaret Cho bit, "this is not the cigarette of my people!"



Bosso Nova is an awesome destination for some after work drinks. They have great appetizers and the view of downtown from the rooftop sitting area is spectacular!


Definitely check it out; however, don't make the mistake of correcting the server's Spanish as my friend Cris did. We were treated to a visit from the manager as though there was some kind of problem! I shit you not. Like me or my friends would ever cause a problem in a bar...

No comments: