Friday, January 08, 2010

What's in a Name: The Revenge!

I was thinking about writing a top 10 list of my favorite posts of 2009 but I ultimately decided against it since I had just recently written a top 10 listing of my all time favorite posts for my 200th post extravaganza. While researching posts for 2009 I did come up with inspiration for another new post. The second post I made of last year was called "What's in a Name." Basically it's just a stupid list of all the funny nicknames everyone had at my last job. I found that while going through my phone that this is a pattern that expands beyond the work place.

Interesting nicknames I use to identify my friends in my cell phone:

Ana Banana: Yeah, it rhymes.
Ben The Popo: Not really a friend but he is a cop, hence the name.
Brownie: Last name Brown. He's also often referred to as "Shamey," something to do with a walk of shame somewhere. I can't imagine where...
Butters: I've referred to him in previous posts, he reminds my friends and I of Butters from South Park. This person also reminds me of Chris from Family Guy, not by how he looks but by some of the off-the-wall things he says.
B-b-barrett: How he speaks when intoxicated.
J-Ho: Not sure where this nickname came from, though she is a ho. Jenny will have to enlighten us.
Lindsay Lou Who: I guess she reminded someone of a girl from Whoville.
Satan: My old boss from Pearls . He really is pure evil but in a good way.
Zima: An old friend of mine who would get drunk (and sometimes sick) after drinking only one Zima when he first turned 21.

No comments: