Monday, January 11, 2010

South Side Sushi

My friend Cris thinks the world of Oklahoma City revolves around I-240, or the south side. For the two years we've known each other she has hung out with me a total of one time north of I-40! We made plans last week to hang out again on Friday and grab some sushi before going out for the evening. I assumed we would be eating at Sushi Neko. Nope. Apparently there is a sushi restaurant on the south side called Sushi Hayashi. I begrudgingly agreed to, yet again, drive all the way down to her neck of the woods to eat and hang out. It's not that I'm afraid to try new places, it's just that I don't have a lot of money to eat out on these days. If I'm eating sushi, I'd prefer to go somewhere I know that's good since it's kind of a treat lately.

I have to say, for the most part, I was impressed with Sushi Hayashi. The restaurant is located in a strip mall at approximately 109th and Pennsylvania. We ordered an appetizer, two sushi rolls, and shared a beer. The final tab was somewhere around $33 and it was more than enough food to fill us up. The only downside to the experience, for me, was sitting at the sushi bar. It was difficult to get a drink order going after initially asking for water. I'm still not sure who our server was if we even had one. The gentleman working behind the sushi bar did take care of our food needs nicely though.

So now I'm trapped. Anytime I suggest sushi to Cris, she's going to counter with Sushi Hayashi since she knows I had a good experience there. I do know one thing, the next time we go out it will be on the north side of town. Cris and I made a bet on the Cowboys/Eagles game. By losing her end of the bet she has to come visit me on my side of town whenever we decide to go out again.

No comments: