Monday, December 28, 2009

Sunday Funday Monday Part V

My Sunday Funday yesterday consisted of washing dishes and doing several loads of laundry. Livin' the dream! I did have a pretty fun Sunday Funday last week that I forgot to blog about.

Kim, Haley and I hung out the Sunday before starting off at the 'Sip and then checking out the Drunken Fry. I'd been to the Drunken Fry one time before but I was so trashed I vaguely remember the experience. This time we went mostly sober to chow down of some of their Belgian style fries and to check out the multitude of sauces they offer.

"Drunken fries are hand cut, ice bathed to remove starch, then twice fried at separate temperatures in a soy derived super oil that can withstand over 400º F. We don't want to say they're good for you...but it's as close as you'll get!"

As advertised the fries were delicious. We tried a myriad of sauces (Kung Fu Grip, The Tailgate, Hasta Inferno, The Morning After, and Sunday Morning Coming Down) All the sauces I tried were awesome as well but it did come back and bite me with indigestion the next day but that was probably due to the combination of beer, fries and sauces.

The Drunken Fry is located on Classen Circle, at Classen and N.W. Expressway in Oklahoma City. The location used to be the Sidecare Lounge but the place has been expanded outward so the place is much roomier than before. Though we were there on a Sunday night the place was packed and it did take a while for three of us get a permanent seat at the bar which came available before a table. Not only are the fries and sauces good but they have a great selection of beers to choose from and a full bar. If you're looking for a different experience in the area definitely check it out.

No comments: