Monday, December 14, 2009

The Princess and the Frog Sunday

I went to see "The Princess and the Frog" yesterday with my friend Kim, her daughter, and her cousin's son. I'm a huge fan of Disney animated movies, especially the classic hand drawn animation. In my computer room at home I have three framed Disney movie posters hanging on the wall. They consist of "Peter Pan", "The Little Mermaid", and "Beauty and the Beast". I bought the posters from movie theatres after each movie's run. I planned on collecting more over the years but I kind of lost interest. I take some shit every now and then when my friends see the posters hanging in my spare bedroom, but I don't really care.

The movie was enjoyable and the animation superb. I really liked the New Orleans setting of the movie and the jazzy music that went along with it. The kids (5 and under) said they enjoyed the movie and they didn't seemed to be scared by the voodoo wielding villain throughout the show. I would rate the movie in the middle of the pack as far as Disney animated musicals, good but not great.

Perhaps even more fun than the movie was seeing Kim handle her daughter and her cousin's young son. Kids are truly evil, little people but I have to admit that I do get a kick out of seeing all the goofy stuff they do. Kim shared a popcorn and a soda with the kids, making sure to place three straws in the drink so each person drinking would have their own straw to use. I thought this was hilarious! Is this normal parenting behavior? Aren't mommies supposed to be immune or unafraid of cooties? I also got a kick out of watching the kids bob up and down the stairs in the theatre trying hard not to lose their footing, oblivious to everyone else around them with Kim dragging behind trying to get them to stop and wait for her. At moments like this I regret that I do not have children... That moment faded quickly and that ship has sailed.

Go see this movie, and hey, why not take some children to amuse you?

No comments: