Thursday, December 31, 2009

College Football Bowl Picks Week 3

I did a little better on picks for week 2 but still not great. Here are the rest of my bowl picks. I'm saving the BCS Bowl games for a separate post in a day or two.

December 31st: Armed Forces Bowl: Houston vs. Air Force
Pick: Houston
Comments: Houston will have too much offense for Air Force to handle.

December 31st: Sun Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Stanford
Pick: OU
Comments: I'm probably going to regret this pick but I'm going with the dreaded Swooners of Oklahoma. They've had a lot of injuries this year; however, all of their loses have been close. Brut sponsers the Sun Bowl? That's kind of funny.

December 31st: Texas Bowl: Navy vs. Missouri
Pick: MIZZOU
Comments: Missouri rebounds from a disappointing season with a bowl win.

December 31st: Insight Bowl: Minnesota v. Iowa State
Pick: Iowa State
Comments: Sticking with the Big 12 on this one.

December 31st: Chick-Fil-A Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee
Pick: Virginia Tech
Comments: Easy pick. I saw Alabama and Tennessee play in the Peach Bowl a million years ago.

January 1st: Outback Bowl: Northwestern vs. Auburn
Pick: Auburn
Comments: Should be an easy win for Auburn.

January 1st: Capital One Bowl: Penn St. vs. LSU
Pick: LSU
Comments: I hate to pick Les Miles' team, he's such a d-bag.

January 1st: Gator Bowl: Florida St. vs. West Virginia
Pick: West Virginia
Comments: Florida St. has had a terrible year. Adios Bowden, you won't be missed.

January 2nd: Internation Bowl: South Florida vs. Northern Illinois
Pick: South Florida
Comments: Really? A bowl game in Canada? That's kind of cool.

January 2nd: Papajohns.com Bowl: Connecticut vs. South Carolina
Pick: South Carolina
Comments: Going with the Gamecocks... He he, I said cock.

January 2nd: Cotton Bowl: Oklahoma State vs. Mississippi
Pick: OSU
Comments: Obviously the game I'm most excited about being a Cowboy's fan. Most of the "experts" are picking Ole Miss. They can suck it. The Pokes will avenge their 2004 Cotton Bowl loss to Ole Miss and give Oklahoma State a rare 10 win season. I hope.


January 2nd: Liberty Bowl: East Carolina vs. Arkansas
Pick: Arkansas
Comments: I don't know a lot about East Carolina and I kind of like Arkansas.

January 2nd: Alamo Bowl: Michigan State vs. Texas Tech
Pick: Tech
Comments: I'm going with Tech's high powered offense even though it looks like they'll be without the evil genius for the game, head coach Mike Leach.

January 6th: GMAC Bowl: Troy vs. Central Michigan
Pick: Central Michigan
Comments: Going with the experts on this one. Why is this bowl played so late in the season?

Current record 6-9 (I should work for ESPN)
Agree? Disagree? Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Maroussia said...

It will be great to watch South Carolina Gamecocks, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/South_Carolina_Gamecocks-tickets looking forward to it.