Sunday, November 08, 2009

Sunday Funday Monday Part IV

It's been a while since I did a Sunday Funday Monday post. I haven't had anything new to report in a while on my favorite day of the week. Lately I've just been hanging out at the Park and catching some football every now and then at Old Chicago. Yesterday I was looking forward to an uneventful day oozing around the house watching football and reading until I was abducted by Kim. She had fifty dollars in gift certificates to Red Pin Bowling that had to be used last night.

It's been a while since I've been to Red Pin Bowling. The environment is kind of fun, they have a full bar, kitchen and of course bowling lanes. If you bowl there I would recommend taking your own equipment, i.e. shoes and ball. The bowling ball I finally settled on using was not the best quality. I bowled well below my average the two games we played. We were able to listen to some (outdated) dance music while we bowled and we were able to watch both the Thunder game and Cowboys game simultaneously on the big screen TV's above the bowling lanes. The only down side to the experience was the cost. For us to bowl two games, shoe rentals, and a couple of beers cost over 50 dollars! Luckily we did have the gift certificates.

After bowling we made a stop at Sipango Lounge and then back to bricktown to Maker's Cigar Lounge. Maker's is not the kind of place that I would usually hang out but our friend Lacy was singing there so we thought it would be a fun destination. We settled in on a big comfy leather love seat and enjoyed some mellow music. All in all the lounge wasn't too smokey from cigar smoke nor as stinky as I anticipated. Given the choice, though, I would pick Sipango's anytime. I just love hole in the wall bars.

I really dig hanging out with Kim. We seem to get each other's dark sense of humor which always makes for an interesting adventure no matter where we're going. Unfortunately we don't get to see each other too often these days. When we do get time to hang out we just pick up where we left off, two peas in a pod.

No comments: