Thursday, November 05, 2009

The Good Guy

Imagine you've had a long day at work and you pop into your favorite watering hole for a couple of beers. After settling in, a stranger with an obvious case of mistaken identity presents you with an envelop full of cash and a picture of an attractive young lady and her address. The cash is payment for a hit and the picture and address is the target. What would you do? This is the dilemma that Timothy Carrier faces in Dean Koontz's novel "The Good Guy".

Amazingly I've never read a book by Dean Koontz until "The Good Guy". The novel starts off at break neck speed and never relents until the thrilling conclusion. My mom gave me a hardback copy of the book a couple of weeks ago to give me something new to read at work. I'm impressed. Koontz's style is very quick and easy to read as well as easy to lay down and pick up later. I'll definitely check out some of his other works. I've been told that "Whispers" is one not to miss. Any other recommendations out there?

No comments: