Thursday, September 10, 2009

Priscilla Queen of the Desert

Dann recently made me a copy of Priscilla Queen of the Desert the Musical, the new musical he saw in London last spring. I'm really loving it (yes I've heard I'm gay). It combines many of the classic songs and moments in the movie with some new, yet retro tunes. Currently the show is playing in Australia and England, hopefully it will make its way to the State before too long.

"I've been waiting my entire life for this..."
"Someone left the cake out in the rain...
I don't think that I can take it,
'cause it took so long to bake it,
and I'll never have that recipe again!"

So forget all your troubles and forget all your cares "Downtown" and "Go West" and "Shake Your Groove Thing" on your way to find this soundtrack! When you go "Don't Leave Me This Way" but if you do "I Will Survive" and I'll find my own "Boogie Wonderland" at "MacArthur Park". "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" or it would be easy for me to forget that "We Belong" together, maybe that's why you are "Always On My Mind".

That was difficult... Seriously, the soundtrack is a hoot and definitely worth a listen if you can find it.

1 comment:

Dann said...

Pretty damn clever!