Thursday, August 27, 2009

Top Chef: Battle of the Sexes

Dann and I met up last night for episode two of Top Chef Las Vegas. The agreement was that we would take turns cooking every other week during Top Chef night. That didn’t last long. Dann wormed out of his commitment this week and brought food from Market C. I immediately forgave him when I found that he also brought two bottles of my favorite wine. I had lamented in a previous post about not being able to find St. Supery around town. Apparently Dann knows who to blow… The meal Dann purchased was molasses glazed salmon, loaded mashed potatoes, Caesar salad and chocolate cake (Dad is great! Give us the chocolate cake!). The food was really good especially considering it was a pick up and reheat meal.

Top Chef last night saw the very first battle of the sexes elimination challenge. The girls lost. Of the two groups I definitely think the boys are stronger. Something I found of particular interest was Ashley’s attitude toward the challenge. The challenge consisted of serving two groups of people, a Bachelor and Bachelorette party, where the boys team served the Bachelorette’s friends and the girls team served the Bachelor’s friends. Ashley got her panties in a twist a bit having to prepare food for a group about to get married since she's unable to practice the same ritual legally being a lesbian. I understand her point to a degree but this is Las Vegas, you would have to think marriage would play some kind of role in at least one of the challenges.

Poor Eve was sent packing last night. Eve was who I picked to make an exit last night before the elimination judging began. I felt kind of sorry for her the last two episodes since she never really stood out in anything she did, not to mention she was on the chopping block the first two weeks in a row. My three predictions from last week are still alive in the competition.

Anyone else over ceviche? The dish must have been made half a dozen times already in just two episodes.

No comments: