Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Technical Support Horror Story of the Day

All I can say is wow! I was helping one of our clients with a log in issue through remote desktop. So, no problem we solve the issue (user error) and of course there are other issues that need to be addressed while they have me on the phone. I'm told that we did something to her screen because there is a box frozen on her desktop that has been there for days and it has our company information on it. Hmmmm. After a better description of the problem I finally realize that the client is talking about our web page! Oh my god really? Surely no one can be this stupid! I ask her to left mouse click on the red "x" at the top right corner of the screen. Naturally this closes the Internet Explorer page that was open on her computer. Just when I think I've seen it all some fool comes along and surprises me!

No comments: